I study the development of blood vessels (angiogenesis) during cancer progression using optoacoustic imaging and the effect of anti-angiogenic treatments on pro-angiogenic pathways such as hypoxia, inflammation and oxidative stress. Our final goal is to increase the current knowledge about resistance to anti-angiogenic therapy in breast cancer.
- BSc MSc Biology, University of Oviedo, Spain (2000-2005)
- PhD Biomedical Sciences, University of Oviedo, Spain (2006-2011)
- Postdoc with Prof. Jorge Andia, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Spain (2011-2012)
- ERA-EDTA-EMBO Postdoc fellow at Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK (2013-2014)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, VISIONLab, University of Cambridge, UK (2015-2018)
- Next destination: Clarin Fellow, University of Ovideo, Spain (2018)